Everything DiSC®Improve Workplace Communications | Strengthen & Enhance Team Effectiveness
How many of these do you experience on a regular basis?
- You work with someone who you just don’t “get” or who just don’t “get” YOU?
- You know you need to talk with “Bob” to resolve a problem, but each time you have to talk to him, he questions your rationale, talks over you, or just wants the two-minute version and soon you end up shutting down. So you tend to avoid talking to him, even though, in the back of your mind, you know the problem is not getting solved and may even be getting worse!
- You want to get moving on a project, but your teammates are taking WAY too long planning and analyzing it!
- You’ve delegated a very important, very detailed analysis task to the person on your team who was most available. Yet he seems to be avoiding it and finds every excuse in the book to work with others instead of doing the task you’ve assigned him.
- You believe that it is a sign of respect that when team members arrive in the morning, they say “Good Morning” or at least “hello”. Yet a newer team member simply walks through the door and gets to work, never acknowledging others. Doesn’t she understand that it is simply good manners to say hello in the morning?
Each day, most of us wake up in the morning and interact with other humans – in our homes and in our work. We have our own personalities, preferences, and styles.
- Some of us like to have as much information as possible before making a decision, while others prefer to go with their gut instinct.
- Some of us are energized by socializing with people, while others recharge their energy by relaxing alone with a good book and no distractions.
Our individual differences in preferences and styles influence who we collaborate well with and who we tend to have more difficulty with. And sometimes, these differences can get in the way of achieving results.
But the beauty of our preferences and styles is that they are only that…preferences and styles.
Our Everything DISC Workplace® Teambuilding Workshop uses the Everything DiSC Workplace® Profile to helps teams improve their communications, cooperation, and effectiveness.
First, we help teams better understand and be more aware of their own communication style, including the hidden priorities and triggers that influence their own behavior. This helps individuals understand, appreciate, and work more effectively with people who have styles different than their own.
Then, we shift the focus to understanding our co-workers at that deeper level and using that knowledge to connect with them more effectively.
Learn more about the Everything DiSC Workplace® Profile.
Expected Outcomes from the Workshop
- Improve communication and leadership effectiveness
- Understand the four main communication work-styles
- Learn how different styles respond to conflict and stress
- Learn what motivates each style and how they solve problems
- Learn how to manage difficult personalities
- Enhance team performance
- Build bridges between people
- Learn to give feedback to people in a style they can understand and accept
- Gain a deeper understanding of your own DiSC® personality style
- Learn how to build more effective relationships using the insights you gain from DiSC
What happens in the workshop?
Our DiSC training workshops are targeted for newly formed teams, management training, team development, and leadership training.
Prior to the session, participants will be invited to complete the Everything DiSC Workplace assessment which will precisely identify their DiSC style. They then receive a 20-page description of their personal behavioral style and insightful handouts that they will use during the workshop.
The assessment provides a road map to effective interpersonal communications and teamwork and has proven its effectiveness in 30 years of use by more than 40 million people in 84 countries.
Participants are frequently surprised at how well the description fits them. One participant said, “It’s like they were inside my head, listening to my thoughts!”
During the DISC Teambuilding Workshop, participants will learn more about their own styles. They will recognize and explore ways they prefer to act, relate, work, socialize, and deal with change, as well as the ways they prefer to be approached, consulted, and involved in a group process.
Participants will then learn how to recognize other people’s styles, strengths and limitations, and how to work more effectively with them.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have a clearer understanding of how they can reduce conflict and miscommunication, build rapport and cooperation, work as a team more efficiently, cope with change more positively, and benefit from working with people they used to avoid.
Teams of any sort, including sales representatives, customer service representatives, board leaders and managers will benefit from this Workshop. Leaders who want to motivate their people to be more effective will also benefit from it.
This workshop is a practical approach to improving workplace communication, developing stronger relationships and creating a healthier organization.
Teams of 8 or more individuals gain the most benefit from the 6-hour (full-day) format, although shorter duration programs are available. A basic overview can be conducted in a 90-minute session. The workshops can be done at your organization, a nearby hotel or other offsite location.
Smaller teams (2-7 participants) or individuals might be interested in attending one of the public workshops we offer a couple of times a year. In those, we offer a half-day format where participants can learn and collaborate alongside teams and individuals from other organizations.
These programs can be delivered as stand-alone workshops or integrated into a longer program (as part of a teambuilding or annual staff retreat, for example).
Be sure you are on our mailing list to receive an invitation to upcoming workshops, including our public DiSC Teambuilding workshops.
Want to know more? Let’s talk!